Nature Days outdoor experiences vouchers available.
If you want to share the wonder of Gower with others why not give the gift of a Nature Days experience.
Nature Days provides vouchers for a range of exciting outdoor experiences.
- Coastal foraging foray; – Explore the rock pools and sandy shore at low tide to find tasty seaweeds and shellfish. Learn how to forage sustainably and the advantages of finding your own food. We will cook any find on the beach and finished with a coastal foraged feast.
- Rock pooling exploration; Discover the variety of animals and plants found in the rock pools of Gower. How they are adapted to survive. Where they hide and their life cycles.
- River guided walk and dipping; Walking the whole length of a beautiful river on Gower. Learn about the landscape and spend some peaceful time beside the trickling stream. Discover the animals living in the river by dipping in the river. Meditation and mindfulness opportunities along a beautiful stretch of water. Finish in a stunning beach.
- Nature reserve guided walk: Explore one of the many Nature Reserves or Gower AONB. Discover the variety of rare and amazing plants and animals. Learn how they are managed and protected. Opportunity to play a part in helping maintain these wonderful fragile places.
- Guided Mountain walk: Join a qualified, experienced mountain guide around an appropriate route through the mountains of the Brecon Beacons. With opportunities to explore less well trodden areas and see secret spots. Dips in cold tarns or under waterfalls. Explore the plants of the mountains and the natural history and geology of the area.
- Learn to navigate: Take a walk around Gower with an expert navigator who will pass on skills in map work, compass work and reading the landscape to select interesting walking routes.
- Mindfulness in the woods: Take a break surrounded by the calming power of woodlands. Experience forest bathing and take time to connect with the natural world. Take part in a range of exercises which will allow you to connect with the natural world, reset and relax.
- Bushcraft and survival for all: Sessions will teach you and your family a range of bushcraft and survival skills. Choose from a range of skills; – fire lighting, foraging, shelter building, natural cordage, cooking outdoors, tree identification, woodworking, pioneering, natural navigation, tracking.
- Learn about trees and animals; Meet with an expert who can help you improve your plant and animal identification. Discover the biology of the trees and how they interact with the animals and non-living environment.
- Nature walks; Let an expert turn your walk into a nature walk. Open your eyes to the nature around you. Discover the hidden world of plants and animals. Always wondered what you are missing? Let the expert show you.
All experiences are either be half or a whole day. Suitable for the whole family. Lead by an expert environmental biologist and outdoor learning expert with over 20 years experience of teaching and leading outdoors. Each experience will be adapted depending on the family and is suitable for adults and children.
Cost Half day £30 pp Full day £60pp family deals available.
Contact Dawn Thomas for more details.