Gower Society Youth Oxwich Photo treasure hunt.
Our first “real” outdoor event for a while! This will be a socially distanced photo treasure hunt along with a video about Oxwich to accompany it. Watch the video on the Nature Days you Tube channel.
You will need:
A print out of the treasure map – Download from the Nature days blog.
A print out of the photos clues- Download from the Nature days blog.
A camera or phone
How to do it:
- Print the Treasure map and photo clues below.
- Try to go to all the locations identified on the map where the photos have been taken.
- When you are at the location take a selfie of yourself and anyone you are with to prove you have found it.
- Upload your photos to Twitter @GowerSociety @DawnNaturedays #OurGower #Naturedays
- I will send certificates to all those who upload photos.
- You might want to enter The Gower Society photo competition with your photos or others you have. Details here, with the chance to win £25 Amazon voucher.
Tips and hints:
Drive or walk to Oxwich Nature Reserve, there is a car parking charge. Look at the map and orientate where you are.
You can access the reserve via the footpath at the entrance to the car park for the beach or at the very front on the east end of the car park, past the toilets.
You can go to each location in any order you like.
Take care to stick to paths, but if you do get lost you can just head for the sea and walk back along the beach.
Dogs are welcome on the reserve but please clean up after them, and take care as there are adders on the dunes.
If you are worried about adders then sing your way around, or bring a stick to tap the ground as you go. Snakes don’t like people so if they hear you coming they will get out of the way.
Why not make your walk even more meaningful by bringing a rubbish bag and doing a litter pick as you go.
Please ensure you stick to social distancing guidelines and government guidance.
Have fun and I look forward to seeing your entries.